Stacks Image 14
Hi, my name is Sean Gill and I would like to help you with your aerial photography needs. I am FAA Part 107 licensed for commercial flight and I am fully insured. I am also pleased to be a participant in the FAA UAS Integration Program. I am a part of a large and diverse group of government agencies, private businesses, airports, drone manufacturers, and individuals who are designing test programs for developing future unmanned vehicle policies. Located in Springfield, Oregon. Available throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Since every job has many variables, please feel free to contact me and let me know the details of your needs. I have packages starting as low as $100 for five edited photos. Other factors play into cost, such as editing time, voiceovers, and custom music.

Travel in my local Eugene/Springfield area is free. Please contact me if you live outside the area and we will work out a nominal trip charge. I am also available for long-distance travel, send me a message and we will work out the details.

Services offered include:

  • Aerial and ground based photography and videography
  • Data collection for inspections
  • Editing for print and web use
  • Custom music creation for video
  • Voiceover and narration

If you are a non-profit or a farmer, please contact me for special discounted rates.

Why should I hire you?
I pride myself on being flexible, friendly, and easy to work with. I'm interested in flying, taking pictures, and meeting people. The profit motive comes second.

Why isn't your work cheaper?
There is more to my work than the flying. Editing, travel, and camera maintenance are ongoing factors. I also maintain insurance coverage and licensing in order to safely and legally do my work.

Do I need to hire an FAA licensed pilot?
Yes, especially if you will use the photos and videos for commercial use. For any work you have done, a Part 107 licensed pilot has pledged to follow certain rules and regulations, primarily for safety - of the public, of any other aircraft in the area, and of him or herself. If you use an unlicensed pilot for commercial work the FAA can levy large fines against both the pilot and client in amounts ranging from a few hundred to many thousands of dollars. By FAA definition, commercial use isn't limited just to work you pay for, but also includes volunteer work done for promotions, and any trade for services.

Can you work rain or shine?

No. I'd like to, but the drone has it's limits. I can't fly reliably if the wind is over 25mph, and any rain or snow will keep me grounded. The FAA also has rules regarding cloud ceiling, and foggy conditions or low clouds could ground me as well. If it is clear, morning and evening are best for light conditions. Keep that in mind as you plan your job.

Anything else I should know?
The FAA has rules about flying a drone within 5 miles of an airport (and there are small airports everywhere). New systems are currently rolling out that should allow for more instant authorization in certain zones. However, having more lead time to plan is helpful. Near large airports are usually no fly zones requiring special permission, as are large sporting events, presidential events, and other similar large gatherings. These waivers can sometimes take months to get, if they are granted at all. I cannot fly directly over people. Also, drones are currently banned from takeoff or landing within National Park borders, and many State Parks set rules by their own discretion. Most of these rules are in place for safety or to avoid annoyance of park patrons.

A note on insurance: My insurance includes liability coverage. This is another factor you should consider in hiring a drone pilot. Should any accidents occur, you will be reimbursed for property damage and medical expenses.
Stacks Image 17
Eye in the Sky in the Willamette Valley and Beyond